Thursday, October 25, 2007

Thinking about His back

I've been thinking about God's backside. Moses saw it and his face began to shine. He couldn't look at it because of the glory. The Lord actually had to put His hand over the cleft of the rock that Moses was hidden in while God passed by. I wonder if Moses saw the wounds on Jesus back from the beating that He took for our iniquities and diseases. Were the wounds still gaping and open sores. Are we still wounding Him as we beat one another with our words. When we speak negatively about ourselves and others. Jesus took 39 stripes on His back. Some people say it was for each category of disease that we have. How can we not feel compassion for a person when they are wounded for our diseases?

The other day The Lord asked me to "rub His back". I don't know how to do this. I am studying first about what He meant by "His back." Scripture says they plowed long furrows down His back. That sounds like farming. Preparing and planting the soil. What kinds of seed was His back being prepared for? When He took our iniquities (the consequences of our sin) and the diseases (the results of the curse) , was our life exchange complete, or is it still being completed? I need to look at the back as past things. It is behind where I can not see it. I can only look on His back, His past and see how He lived it.

When a person is given a back rub, usually some sort of oil is needed to lubricate the skin. With wounds it would have to be very gentle and most likely the oil would be a sort of a medicated ointment. The touch would need to be made very carefully. I need to have more understanding of the back to give a good back rub. I think I will study some anatomy books to understand more. I am going to try to paint a picture of His back. Maybe I will put it on the blog when I finish. For now I just want to wait on the image to form in my mind of the glory of His exchange. More to come.

2 comments:

EM said...

Mom, I think this is a great idea to paint His back as well as doing more in depth on it!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de Plasma, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-de-plasma.blogspot.com. A hug.

Caden

Caden
What about this book?

Fruit of the Vine

Fruit of the Vine
Just one branch