Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Thinking About the Glory

I was thinking about The Glory today. It is in the transfiguration. Peter, James and John saw it, The Glory as a cloud that overshadowed Jesus and even themselves. The Father"s Voice came out of the cloud and identified Jesus as His Son in whom He was well pleased. But, Peter and his friends wanted to make tabernacles for Moses, Elijah and Jesus making Jesus equivalent to the giver of the law and the major prophet of their thinking. The Father call Jesus His Son. So that makes Jesus the Son of God; however, Jesus identified Himself as the Son of Man. Father God wanted the focus to be on Jesus, not the law or the prophets, those signs were pointing to Jesus. Moses and Elijah spoke with Jesus. Their focus was on Him. Our focus should be on Him too. Jesus' garment and face glistened with pure light, brighter than our eyes can see clearly. If we sty in the Glory we will hear the Voice of our Father tell us what to do. Even if we do not always comprehend what is said, The Holy Spirit is faithful to teach us what He means. I want to get to know the Holy Spirit better, I want to hear His voice as He teaches me about the Glory cloud that overshadows us. I want to move with that cloud, I want to stay in the cloud so that my face glistens with the Light of His presence. I don't want to be foolish and try to build Tabernacles to contain His presence. I want Him to build the tabernacles in me, and the room that He has made for me in His Heart. I want the whole house(me) to be filled with His Glory as the temple of His Holy Spirit abides in me and me in Him. I want the Glory to shine out of me in that garment of praise. Glory is the crown of the King. Let me be part of that crown. Yielded to His hands moving the direction He turns. If I have crowns let me lay them at His feet in worship as the Glory fills the whole earth. Glory is suppose to cover the earth as the water covers the seas. That seems to me to be in fullness. Let it be even as He says so that all that we are is well pleasing unto the Father. Our life is in his life as pure and holy unto God.

1 comment:

EM said...

Mom, I really enjoy hearing your thoughts this way. I hope you'll continue to write on a regular basis. Oh, I also want His glory to shine through me that all might see Him clearly.

Caden

Caden
What about this book?

Fruit of the Vine

Fruit of the Vine
Just one branch